St. Patricks Day

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks. Same to you and everyone else.
biggrin.gif

Happy St. Patricks day to you all. Glad to know that more than smoking can bring us together, the love of celebrating the Irish spirit. Nice job using the proper "Sláinte" JDT.
Just for the heck of it I figured I would post a pic of my familys crest from the old country.

My family line are descended from Ireland (county cork) not the English line and so our name "O'CRUALAOICH" translates to Hardy Warrior Man and our clan was a clan of, well...hardy warriors.

My family line descended from a bunch of backwoods hillbillies, and my clan is a clan of, well...beer guzzlin' country bumpkins! (not that that is a bad thing)

Mrs. Engineer's clan is, however, a bunch of learned academecians...lord only knows how she ended up with me! (it makes for great family get togethers!)

BBQ Eng.

Being of Irish descent I also come from some beer guzzling and whiskey drinking folk. Though I may live in Jersey and historically come from the green rolling hills of old Ireland I imagine our ancestors would have gotten along beautifully. Good booze, good food and a good spirit.
Burned myself a few times on the smoker after having a few (at least it hurts less).
Hopefully Mrs. Engineer keeps an eye on you in case you have one too many and decide pulling a hot log off the fire is a good way to get your temps down, though it sure keeps hands warm on a cold night.

Thanks Mulepackin and happy St Pats day to you.
biggrin.gif
This is my best green smile.

Green to all of yee! Wife gives me crap and says I'm "black" Irish due to my dark hair and deep tan. Apparently we have our own banshee as well. My crew came over in the mid 1800's.

O'Hurley

Had about 25 people over for St Patty's on Saturday but I was given the day off. Went through 3 corn beef from the crock pot cooked in Guiness. Why can't the Mrs understand that smokin is not work? I just bought about 25+ pounds of ribs from the co-op. Guess I'll teach her!
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

http://oklahomafood.coop/

All I've seen today is green... I think I need another beer.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky