SQWIBS Taking a Sabbatical

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sqwib

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 25, 2007
Philadelphia
I am pursuing other cooking interests.

I'll be dabbling in Sous Vide cooking.

I was intrigued by this method when I read an article about having a tender brisket that was cooked medium rare, after reading that article I was immediately hooked, So I have been studying Sous Vide for a bit and have the bug, I am working on building my own unit and will hopefully have some articles in a few months.

I have read the posts here on SMF as well pertaining to Sous Vide.

I am always willing to try new methods (new to me) and I am the type of person who has to try something and draw my own conclusions before I can preach about it, and I usually jump in feet first!

My first attempt will be a 48 hour Corned Beef cooked at 135° that is currently curing.

I will post my results in a few weeks.

I do have a few pit cooks lined up but not many.

I would love to hear from other folks, I know Martin picked up a unit a few years back.

I'll be back!!

Last edited:
I'll still be posting and stuff but my "meat money" will be going towards the Sous Vide for a while.

I'll still be posting and stuff but my "meat money" will be going towards the Sous Vide for a while.
You ((anybody)) GOTTA do what you enjoy. Life is too short to not explore a new interest. Take it from somebody who's knocked on grims door a few times and i'm sure i'm not the only one on here to have done so. I'm guilty of the same thing (trying out something new), after many years i finally broke down and got into r/c trucking. have always been into hobby grad r/c's but never got into trucking. got one at a pretty fair price and its been a snowball. heres 2 quick shots. both loaders are toys to be converted to r/c, tank had for few years, truck is new. first load on 1 of 2 pup trailers. illegal as dickens, over height, weight, think it was ok, no paperwork at all on load, much less on a load of Brandy. only in TN.

sorry for the quick threadjack, i'll shut my piehole now.. looking foward to your creations with the  Sous Vide.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky