• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Squirrel Sausage

beer-b-q

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined May 1, 2007
I am sure that this recipe is going to get me in trouble with a Certain Member...

Squirrel Sausage

2 feet sheep casings
     2 pounds squirrel meat
     1 tsp salt
     1/2 tsp freshly ground white pepper
     2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
     1/8 tsp mace
     1/8 tsp cardamom
     1/8 tsp allspice

Prepare casings. Mix ingredients and grind through the fine disk. grind again and stuff into casings. Twist off into 2 inch links like cocktail franks.
cook by steaming or simmering for about 30 minutes.

squirrel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 7, 2010
I hope you sleep with one eye open, my good friend, CUZ IZ ONNNNN!!!!

eman

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Depends on if they are grey (cat) squirrels or chuckle heads (fox squirrels).

You'll get about 1.5 - 2 lbs of meat off a fox and maybe 1/2 -3/4 lb off a cat.

unless your up around illinois where the squirrels eat nothing but corn. they look like beagles.

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Ok Paul, at the risk of getting both into serious trouble, just what does a squirrel taste like?   Did you have to double grind it due to uh  shall we say a certain toughness
  Are you able to keep them in the casings after stuffing or does it chew its way out

And finally if you are gonna post a sausage recipe

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

RUN BEER RUN RUN fast and juke back and forth a bunch. She's Pis.....and she's not right

I think I'm hearing REDRUM in the background.........

beer-b-q

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined May 1, 2007
Ok Paul, at the risk of getting both into serious trouble, just what does a squirrel taste like?   Did you have to double grind it due to uh  shall we say a certain toughness
  Are you able to keep them in the casings after stuffing or does it chew its way out

On the first question, Ain't no way I'm touching that...

As for the rest of the questions, I just found the recipe and felt the uncontrollable urge to post it...

Last edited:

fourthwind

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

At the risk of getting sliced up like a Easter Ham.

Ask the UPS delivery guy?    LOL

ak1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 23, 2010
I love this place!!!

I actually have that same recipe in one of my sausage books.

cheezeerider

Meat Mopper
Joined Apr 8, 2010
That's too much.

Anybody care to share their squirrel harvesting stories........ anyone?.......... hello?

Well at least I have the crickets to keep me company.

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
Dear god, my sides hurt from laughing so hard. This is one of those threads where all roads head straight down to the gutter..... love it! LOL

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.