Springtime Fattie Throwdown

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You make a good point erain.
I didn't think about that. So yeah, we could either post full procedure in here, or maybe it would be nice to actually make the shot look good. A nice picture perfect professional shot of a fattie. I think that's a good idea. Sure was a terrible time to start the thread with all these storms all over the country. We are under a severe thunderstorm watch right now. Glad there is no snow...

Does the fatty have to be 100% breakfast suasage? 50%? Could it be all beef?

If I don't wrap it up in Bacon, should I bother to enter?
icon_biggrin.gif

I have a great idea, but I know it's going to taste fantastic, and look so-so. Oh well. I'll enter it anyway.

My personal opinion is that a fattie must be at least partially sausage and any other kind of meat is fine. It has been argued as to whether all beef is a fattie or a stuffed meatloaf. Bacon? Not required at all, just commonly added to a fattie.
But hey, you want to use all beef? Go for it. Long as it is creative, smoked and delicious then most anything is fair game.
I finally get a chance to fire it up again tomorrow or Wednesday so I will finally be adding my first throwdown fattie to the post.

Well, this throwdown was kind of a bust with snow storms and rain in most of the country for a while now.
Here is my submission.
Maple sausage coated in crushed pecans stuffed with peanut butter, honey and a banana cooked in butter and brown sugar.
I had smoked some pecans and crushed them and made a smoked pecan butter-rum sauce, but I let it sit on the stove overnight and never even ended up tasting it, it smelled good though.
The fattie was ok but not great. Could have been sweeter I think, and maybe add some heat with the sweetness on the outside, but it will get eaten.

Temps are going to be 7 - 10C today. (46 - 50F for all you Southern Folk :)

Skys are clear, wind is low to neglibile.

{Chopper looks thoughtfully up and right and whispers}

It's a good day to smoke a fatty.

Looks great mamunoz! Nice and hot! I love the hot stuff, I mean I hate it in a way but I love it so much. Is that wrong? Hot Pepper S&M?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky