Splitting Wood?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
WHAT!!! wait a minute - where's the white stuff Richie? Your not to far from me and i've got 7+ inches of it.

Chris

WHAT!!! wait a minute - where's the white stuff Richie? Your not to far from me and i've got 7+ inches of it.

Chris
Chris You like that more then I do & your always welcome to my share I've had enough over the years
Richie

Looking at your pictures, a few suggestions. Don’t pile your wood against the house, three reasons, air can’t circulate, not exposed to the sun and should you have a forest/grass fire the last thing you want is a fuel source against the house. Get the wood off the ground, better air circulation. I have used 2 X 4 standing on end but now use pallets, Pallets are free in my area, seems it cheaper to toss the pallets then ship them back. Most pallets in our area area are made from spruce, the mine I worked at was getting parts from all over the world, those pallets were quite often made out of oak and other hardwoods some even made from exotic woods. The woodworkers would get a “woody” when parts would come in on pallets made with exotic woods, like ravens on roadkill.

Looking at your pictures, a few suggestions. Don’t pile your wood against the house, three reasons, air can’t circulate, not exposed to the sun and should you have a forest/grass fire the last thing you want is a fuel source against the house. Get the wood off the ground, better air circulation. I have used 2 X 4 standing on end but now use pallets, Pallets are free in my area, seems it cheaper to toss the pallets then ship them back. Most pallets in our area area are made from spruce, the mine I worked at was getting parts from all over the world, those pallets were quite often made out of oak and other hardwoods some even made from exotic woods. The woodworkers would get a “woody” when parts would come in on pallets made with exotic woods, like ravens on roadkill.
Murray That is only a temporary I have a wrought iron rack to put the wood on,now that the ground is level I should be able to get the wood moved.Thanks for the info.
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky