Spit roasted chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Retired Spook

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jun 28, 2022
Figured I would give a chicken a try - took forever but came out great!

Cooked peeeerfect!
IMG_1460.JPG

A rotisserie is an awesome way too cook.The chicken (a roaster) took a long time (6-1/2-hours next time I'm buying a fryer so it cooks faster), but between this and the top sirloin roast in my other thread, I have no regrets buying the rotisserie.

Last edited:
Nice looking yard bird. I could drink beers and watch that baby spin for hours beside the fire
Well, I drank coffee but I wish you were here sittin with me drinking yourself a beer! We don't get a very long "winter" here in Texas but I just love sitting by a fire drinking a coffee so I am getting as much fire time as I can, in, before it gets all miserable again...

Reactions: JLeonard
I do have to improve my "trussing" technique and arrange the forks a little better, and next time I will put the rub on the chicken after it is all set up on the spit because its a mess doing it before putting it on the spit! 😬

I'm liking the looks of that bird and agree 100% about how great rotisserie food can be. Not only is the food outstanding, there's something mesmerizing about watching that meat spin for hours and hours, slowly turning color as it cooks. Very nice job!!

Robert

Reactions: Retired Spook
🎹 " Chickens roasting over an open fire "... 🎹,

Woops sorry got caught up in the moment

Great looking spun bird

David
Thanks, David,

I think my next trick might be a spit roasted beef clod. I saw a video wherein Steven Raichlen spit roasts a beef clod, and it suuuure looks good - it is so hard to watch this video because I salivate and get dizzy when he slices that beef...

And I love chuck - it is my favorite taste of beef.

Last edited:
Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky