Spinning Hens

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Winterrider

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 29, 2018
North Dakota
Wanted to give this a try in the 360.
Couple 2# game hens in Pop's brine overnight.
Seasoned up and in fridge for 4 hrs
20200223_114839.jpg

Tossed them on the spitt and tied them up.
20200223_120923.jpg

Little more seasoning and into the 360. A tight fit but squeezed them in and everything cleared when rotating.
20200223_160941.jpg

I did pull that rack and baking pan out to get burner affect from bottom also. Was going to try and minimize juice on burner and keep from smoking, but was not bad at all. 345° for 45 mins.
Pulled and rested @ 168°
20200223_165544.jpg

Ma made some cheesy mashed tators, and some green beans.
20200223_170551.jpg

Will certainly do again, but will increase temp to about 370° and about 30-35 mins to crispen a little more next time.

What a great idea, I love game hens, Like! I'm not a air fryer guy but I do have a Ronco Showtime 4000 that'd do the job, just added them on to the shopping list. RAY

What a great idea, I love game hens, Like! I'm not a air fryer guy but I do have a Ronco Showtime 4000 that'd do the job, just added them on to the shopping list. RAY
They are tasty little birds. Thanks for the like.
I love hens! those look read good man! nice work!
Thank you, and for the like.
great looking plate of food there.
Thank you Jim.
Nothing wrong with any type yard bird they look great.

Warren
Thank Warren. And thanks for the like.
That's a beautiful pair of birds! :emoji_thumbsup:
Thanks BS, they were tasty.
kruizer kruizer , JC in GB JC in GB , Jabiru Jabiru , Thank you guys for the likes.

Nice ! Just spun a 5 lb bird . Barley fit , but sure came out good . I'm with you on the top and bottom affect .
Great work on those and nice meal .

Looks fantastic. I’ve yet to try an overnight Pops brine on birds other than longer soak for Disney legs.

Nice ! Just spun a 5 lb bird . Barley fit , but sure came out good . I'm with you on the top and bottom affect .
Great work on those and nice meal .
Thanks for the like chopsaw.
Good to know that size of bird will fit also. Got 2 in the freezer.
Those little guys sure look tasty!
Air fryers are taking over!!
Al
Thanks Al. Lot of different uses for the fryers.
Could someone explain the purpose of brining for me please. Is this something that I should do for smoking and qing?
Thanks for the like.
I brine to help retain the juices, avoiding drying out.I

jaxgatorz jaxgatorz , thanks for the like

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky