Spicy CI Grilled Deep Dish Meatball Lasagna (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Blue 32, Blue 32 gmc is jones'in for meatball lasagna on 3 hutt hutt hutt.
That is too funny!!
Nicely done Robert they look great
Very much appreciate it Chris. They looked pretty good, right up to the point that I cut it in half.
One question - why didn't you just eat the lasagna out of the CI pan?
Couple reasons. 1) it's hard top cut them in the pans. 2) It destroys the knives cutting against the CI. 3) Presentation. The pic of it on the plate just looks so much better than in the pan :emoji_wink:

Robert

Now THAT'S something I must try! Looks over the top good!
I thought you might get a kick out of this one. There are a ton of variations you could come up with so this one could be a fun one to play around with.

Robert

Reactions: Steve H
A fine looking cook Robert, I'd be gettin' down on that dish!
Thank you my friend. I appreciate it.
You just had to toss the pasta you made?
Unfortunately, yes. It just came apart into a half dozen pieces each noodle. Was worthless for what I was trying to do.
Somewhere there was a lesson to be learned
I'm thinking I rolled it out too thin. Was trying not to get too high of a noodle-to-meat ratio and ran it one notch thinner than I have with previous pasta that I've made.

Robert

Phenomenal my friend! That is thinking outside the box and creative for sure! Thanks for the shout out, now I’m gonna have to try this… Needed to add to the CI collection anyway… 😉

I’m sure the wife will be impressed with new CI addition! 🤷🏼‍♂️🤣

BTW, you talk about enablers like Steve H Steve H !
Have you talked to the one in the mirror recently? 😉

In all seriousness, that truly is a phenomenal cook and a must try! 👊🏼🍻

That CI meatball lasagna looks great Robert, I’d be much more into this than a meatball hoagie, nothing like having a meatball roll down your shirt giving you a nice racing stripe! Excellent job my friend.

Looks great, wonder why your home made pasta fell apart? , when I was making such I was amazed at how quick it cooked but not long after I dove into making pasta I found out I was diabetic so quit and haven't made any more, it's a lot better than boxed but boxed is better than not , cant say I ever had any bad boxed pasta .

Thanks so much Cliff.

Good luck on your quest and keep us posted.

I am honored that you found it worthy, especially enough so to serve to friends.

Robert
Nope they had nothing in cast iron, they had an ampia pasta machine for $14.99 but it did not have the crank and would have needed total disassembly to clean.

Every loved the CI cheesy skillet, it is about the fifth time or so I made it. A big hit every time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky