Spicy Chili Garlic Shrimp Udon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kilo charlie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 25, 2017
Iowa
Spicy Chili Garlic Shrimp Udon Noodles with Sriracha Soft Boiled Egg.

20230115_183246.jpg

Started (without photos) by soft boiling eggs for 7 minutes then I to ice bath for about 15 min. Peeled the eggs, then into a small jar and covered with Sriracha for two days.

Started by heating up some olive oil in a pan.

20230115_181208.jpg

Added in two whole tablespoons of minced garlic and 1 diced up shallot

20230115_181229.jpg

Cooked those for a few minutes then added in the white part of a green onion sliced thin and about a teaspoon of freshly grated ginger.

20230115_181638.jpg

Cook a few minutes longer

20230115_181744.jpg

Added in 1 Tablespoon Chili Garlic Sauce, 1 Tablespoon Sriracha Sauce, 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar, 4 Tablespoons Low Sodium Soy Sauce, 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil and 2 teaspoons Rice Vinegar.

20230115_182000.jpg

Added in some peeled, deviened, pre cooked shrimp.

20230115_182237.jpg

Cook this for a couple minutes

20230115_182308.jpg

Added in some frozen Udon Noodles that had been flash defrosted in boiling water for 60 seconds.

20230115_182536.jpg

Sriracha egg sliced in half and added to the plate with black and white sesame seeds and sliced green onions.

20230115_183246.jpg

Thank you for looking!

Looks really good. I love udon noodles. I might have to try just making the Sriracha eggs.

Looks really good. I love udon noodles. I might have to try just making the Sriracha eggs.
Thank you!

The eggs didn't absorb as much as I had hoped but they are still delicious.

Looks delicious, great pics!

Thank you!

Wow! That is a bowl of soul hugging right there! You did those eggs perfect, beautiful meal! Great work and recipe, Points!

Thank you! I am a fan of the soft boiled eggs especially with noodles! The yolks tend to coat the noodles very well and carry the flavor through out the dish

Spicy Chili Garlic Shrimp Udon Noodles with Sriracha Soft Boiled Egg.

View attachment 654734

Started (without photos) by soft boiling eggs for 7 minutes then I to ice bath for about 15 min. Peeled the eggs, then into a small jar and covered with Sriracha for two days.

Started by heating up some olive oil in a pan.

View attachment 654726

Added in two whole tablespoons of minced garlic and 1 diced up shallot

View attachment 654727

Cooked those for a few minutes then added in the white part of a green onion sliced thin and about a teaspoon of freshly grated ginger.

View attachment 654728

Cook a few minutes longer

View attachment 654729

Added in 1 Tablespoon Chili Garlic Sauce, 1 Tablespoon Sriracha Sauce, 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar, 4 Tablespoons Low Sodium Soy Sauce, 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil and 2 teaspoons Rice Vinegar.

View attachment 654730

Added in some peeled, deviened, pre cooked shrimp.

View attachment 654731

Cook this for a couple minutes

View attachment 654732

Added in some frozen Udon Noodles that had been flash defrosted in boiling water for 60 seconds.

View attachment 654733

Sriracha egg sliced in half and added to the plate with black and white sesame seeds and sliced green onions.

View attachment 654734

Thank you for looking!
That looks amazing! Heck of a meal! :D

Reactions: kilo charlie
OH....MY....GOD!! That looks absolutely stunning. Seriously, I don't think I've ever seen anything in the best restaurants I've been in that looked this good. Almost too pretty to eat...and please note: I said "almost" :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Reactions: kilo charlie
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky