Spicy Cacciatore

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

golfpro2301

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 6, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Been trying to go thru all my UMAI bags and decided to try a spicy cured sausage. Modified recipe found on meatsandsausages to add heat. Prior to putting cure in I tasted seasoning and definitely has a bite to it. I would put it at heat level of BW3 wild sauce but lingers for good 10min. the 50mm UMAI bags have been getting done in roughly 3 weeks so we will see hot it goes. It is in chamber fermenting at 71F and 90-95RH for 72 hours

2lb fatty pork butt
Salt 27.5gr
Cure #2 2.9
Dextrose 4gr
Coarse Pepper 3gr
Corianger 2gr
Caraway 2gr
Red Pepper Flake .5 gr
Carolina Reaper Pepper Flake .5gr
Carolina Reaper Powder 1/8tsp
Garlic Powder 2gr
T-SPX Culture .004oz

IMG_2289.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds too hot for me. Looking forward to the out come.

Yum! I’m about to have a whole pile of those reaper peppers if you want some. I dunno what to do with em all!!

Start date was Aug 11 and as of now at 31% loss. One thing I noticed is the meat not pulling away from bag like all the others I have done. Only difference is this one was in chamber where temp fluctuate between 32-42. Fridge stays closer to 37-38.

everything still looks good tho I also have few pounds of Landjager finishing in next few days. Currently at 35% loss

4B7681CD-9D6E-4ED3-A83B-6B5ABE07D1C5.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky