spice goodie box

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

morkdach

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 8, 2007
mid kansas
an R&D food lab was moving a short distance and all the spices were given to the employees.
2.gif

lucky for me i knew one of them
monkey.gif

I received a large box goodies way too much for me
wow.gif

I shared with coworkers and neighbors
woohoo.gif

sure did make the shop smell good as i was dividing them up I filled all my spice jars so I vac packed the rest for storage.
should I freeze them or not
sign0009.gif

Nice score!
I wouldn't freeze them but would store them in a cool dark place, since they are vac sealed they should keep for years if stored properly though freezing would be fine as long as they don't contain a lot of natural oils.

Thats a great score I'm not sure the best way to store now that you have them sealed but as was said a dark cool spot should help

i wouldn't freeze them for this reason....like FIU said as long as the y are vacpacked and stored properly you will be fine.

Interesting question. Some of them look dried, so I would wonder why they were frozen in the first place. If they were frozen when fresh, I would not re-freeze. If they were dry when frozen, did they pick up moisture when thawing? Very confusing without more info.

Maybe a food safety expert will weigh in on this one.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky