• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Spice barn

jlmacc

Meat Mopper
Joined Aug 22, 2009
Hello guys,

I was wondering how many of you have tried Spice barns spices.I just did a a little shopping for some spices I needed.I usually use penzeys,but Spice barn seemed a little cheaper so I thought I would give them a go.Are these quality spices?I hope so because they are on there way,lol.Have a great weekend!

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
I have used their spices and have no complaints

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
jl, I have used The Spice House in Illinois and had no problem. Always fresh.

jlmacc

Meat Mopper
Joined Aug 22, 2009
cool,

i got a pound of parika,chilli powder,garlic powder,onion powder,and a couple dip mixes coming.Can't wait to mix up Jeffs rub with some quality spices!

jlmacc

Meat Mopper
Joined Aug 22, 2009
Hey guys,

I got my shipment of spices!I made jeff's rub as soon as I got them.I have to say what a difference quality spices make!I thought it was good before,but even better now.I was wondering how do you guys store your spices?I just got a new garage fridge and was wondering if any of you store them in the fridge?I have extra room now and was thinking about doing that.....

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
I use a vac sealer for mine. I would think the moisture in the fridge or freezer would be an issue.

richk

Joined Mar 28, 2012
JLMACC

I have used the spice barn for many spices and love it. It is a quality product and shipping is fast. The only negative would be if they could carry dry cheeses,(cheddar,mozzarella,ETC. You will be happy with there products and usually less expensive than there competition

alelover

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 9, 2010
For long term storage the freezer is OK. But if they will be used regularly store in a cool dark place. In and out of a freezer will cause them to condensate and you don't want that.

biggronn

Fire Starter
Joined Dec 3, 2011
Funny, I just answered the same question to another member. I buy my spices at Pendrys.(sp). I grow my own peppers for flakes and powders. I freeze everything in jars. Have stuff that's 5 years old and still good!Gonna look up Spice Barn. I love saving money.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.