Special Roast Beef Club (Hickory Smoked with Bacon)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
No debate there MW!!! As for the Mater? I wouldn't let one touch my sammie. Otherwise, that is one fine looking sammie, Bear. And how can you beat that dessert!

Thank You Jeff!!
I knew you'd like that Dessert!!!
Uh Oh---Another Mater Hater!! I got a Buddy who won't eat anything with seeds in it---Maters, Peppers, etc, etc.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Ha you didn't get me this time I'm still stuffed from The PA gathering. What's that Smithfield bacon. :D

Great looking sammie Bear.

Warren

LOL---No Smithfield here---That be Macungie Mountain Bacon.
I can only make a little at a time, because my Meat Curing Fridge is too many steps down & up every day!!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Jeff & Fivetricks!!
I will definitely be trying MW on the outside of my Grilled Cheese the next time I make one---Or 2!!!

Thanks Guys!

Bear

Reactions: fivetricks
This is the tiniest violin playing for you friend....

:p I'd love to have a "meat curing fridge" I'm so jelly.

Actually I just sold my curing fridge, because I haven't been able to use it since my Botched Open Heart surgery, 6 years ago.
I can only cure small amounts now, in part of our Kitchen Fridge.

Bear

Last edited:
Impressive sandwich for sure Bear! Love me some 'maters and mayo w/ S&P. Those look like nice quality tomatoes too!

Thank You Victim!!
Yes that was a Nice very nice Tomato for this late in the season.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Jeff & Fivetricks!!
I will definitely be trying MW on the outside of my Grilled Cheese the next time I make one---Or 2!!!

Thanks Guys!

Bear

Well--I tried it last night.
I'll stick to Butter (No pun intended).

Bear

Really?

That's too bad to hear lol.

But at least you tried I suppose :D

Maybe if I made it a lot slower (lower heat), but I did it exactly like I do with butter, and the pan burned black & the outer edges of the Sammy were black & bitter. Plus i Love the butter flavor on my Grilled Cheese.

If taking a longer time & using a lower heat is the ticket, I'll try it again????

Bear

Yeah, it does go quicker because the Mayo doesn't soak into the bread like butter does.

I just put the thinnist skin of mayo on my slices of bread.

Yeah, it does go quicker because the Mayo doesn't soak into the bread like butter does.

I just put the thinnist skin of mayo on my slices of bread.

OK---I'll try it again next time. I made two today with Butter---I was in a hurry.
Next time I'll take it slow & low with MW.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky