Special BLTs & Cantaloupe (A la Half-Smoked)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Special BLTs & Cantaloupe (A la Half-Smoked)

I know it wasn’t that long ago I posted some BLTs, but I had to show you guys the ones I made with the Beautiful Tomatoes Warren “Half-Smoked” brought me, when he came to pick up two of my MES Smokers, along with one of the most Beautiful Giant Cantaloupes we’ve ever seen.
The Maters gave me slices as big as my Maiers’ Italian Bread !!
I’ll make these the same way I always do—Two slices of Toast, with Miracle Whip, Lettuce, a Big slice of Mater (if I have one), and a Bunch of Bacon.
Note: The Bacon I used was from some BBBB I made a few years ago.

I’ll do a couple BLTs like that, and then I’ll show you the Awesome Cantaloupe Warren brought us.
It was Perfect, and it lasted a couple days!!

Thank You Half-Smoked!!!

Bear

Some of my BBBB in the Ninja:
IMG_7592.jpeg

Ninja-Fried Up & Ready:
IMG_7593.jpeg

Toasted Maiers' Italian Bread:
IMG_7594.jpeg

Miracle Whip & Lettuce on Toast:
IMG_7596.jpeg

Loaded with Bacon:
IMG_7597.jpeg

This is what I had to show You Guys---That is a slice of a Beautiful Tomato!! Thank You Warren!
Bear's First Night's Supper:
IMG_7598.jpeg

Let's do the same on the Second Night:
IMG_7600.jpeg

Another pile of Bacon:
IMG_7601.jpeg

And another Slice of a Beautiful Tomato:
IMG_7602.jpeg

Bear's Second Night's Supper:
IMG_7603.jpeg

Here's the Beautiful Giant Cantaloupe "Warren" brought me, along with the Maters & some Corn:
IMG_7590.jpeg

A Closer Look at the Beast!!
IMG_7591.jpeg

One More BLT for Bear's 3rd Night's Supper, with some of the Cantaloupe:
IMG_7599.jpeg

Holy cow Bear!! The sammies look great but I'd give my first born child and a pint of blood for some of those tomatoes and a cantaloupe. Hey Warren ( HalfSmoked HalfSmoked ) are you coming to TX any time soon?? :emoji_laughing: No question that Warren is a top notch guy and extremely generous. I had the honor of doing a Christmas exchange with him last year and we had a great time. I was blown away by his generosity and he continues to be a shining star among the forum members.

Robert

Reactions: HalfSmoked
Bear you can make me a BLT anytime. I like 'em like yours (heavy on the bacon)! And that 'lope is a thing of beauty.
Jim

Thats a great sammy John. I been eating some Cantaloupes from local farmer. I really shouldn't but they where so good. When you walk up to the stand and can smell them you just got to buy one! Season over now. Sad!

Bear, we love a BLT!! But with tomatoes like that, just some Duke's mayo on toasted bread with a thick slice of tomato, salt and pepper...now that's a tomato sandwich... :emoji_grinning:

Loaded BLT is the bomb. I couldn't even imagine tomatoes as big as the slice of bread. Envious. . .

Bear that all looks good! First up your buckboard in the air fryer is perfect. Lay that big thick homegrown mater on it and heck yes!! I always loved cantaloupe. Small nearby town had a melon festival complete with locally made cantaloupe ice cream. It’s amazing!

Really beautiful Tomato! The 2 plants Amanda got had a poor yield of small tomatoes. They were tasty enough but disappointing. That BBB is the way I like it. Mostly Fat with a little lean for it's flavor and texture...JJ

Those BLT's look great as always John. I'm not a tomato eater, but those you have there are making me reconsider my position, lol. We love Cantaloupes, and that's one delicious looking one. Great job.

Now that's a fine looking sandwich and cantaloupe John! I'd tear into that!

Thank You Denny!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Holy cow Bear!! The sammies look great but I'd give my first born child and a pint of blood for some of those tomatoes and a cantaloupe. Hey Warren ( HalfSmoked HalfSmoked ) are you coming to TX any time soon?? :emoji_laughing: No question that Warren is a top notch guy and extremely generous. I had the honor of doing a Christmas exchange with him last year and we had a great time. I was blown away by his generosity and he continues to be a shining star among the forum members.

Robert

Thank You Robert!!
I wasn't expecting anything in return when I gave my MES units away, but when Warren stopped by to get my last 2 Smokers, & gave me the Maters, Corn, Peaches, and Cantaloupe, I couldn't wait to get some BLTs going!!! The Peaches were Awesome too!!
I hope he's enjoying my MES Smokers as much as we enjoyed the Treats he brought us!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky