Spatchcocked chickern and baby back ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

floyd

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 2, 2013
Hollywood, MD
I am planning to cook 3 chickens and 2 racks of ribs on Sunday for my son's 40th birthday. I've got the 3-2-1 ribs done great, but I cannot find my smoked chicken directions. If I smoke them both at the same time at 240 degrees, how long will the chickens take? I have a Real Smokey Joes smoker which I love. I want them to be ready at the same time, so when in my 6 hour rib cook should I put the chicks in?
I am getting a little panicky without my Spatchcock chicken directions. Can one of you fine Smokers help me out! Thanks.
What a great forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/s/ Floyd

Put 'em in at the 3 hour mark. They should hit 160° between 2.5 and 3 hours at 240°. Don't forget the rest period!

Thanks a bunch MDBOATBum. We are almost neighbors. I live down in St Mary's co MD in Hollywood, MD.

I appreciate your help.

/s/ Floyd

Good luck with smoke! My dad makes food into charcoal so we try not to let him cook! Don't forget some qview!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky