Spare Ribs and Pork Butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokemaster

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 20, 2006
Germany
Last nights prep.

Rubbed with
Southern Succor Pork Rub

1/2 cup freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup paprika
1/2 cup turbinado sugar
1/4 cup coarse salt, either kosher or sea salt
4 tsp dry mustard
2 tsp cayenne

Started cooking at 0900. Had problems getting the wood burning. Started with 3/4 full chimney of lump, then added 2 large pieces of oak. Next time I'll use smaller pieces.

I have a new charcoal grate. I was losing too much charcoal through the grate

Everything is going well. temps have settled.

Looking good so far smokemaster, how's it coming along???

BTW, last pic is a great example of the thin blue smoke we all talk about!!! Nice
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Cooking with wood is damned hard. Really have to manage the fire. Being only my second smoke with just wood I must say I'm satisfied. Next time will be only with lump.

The pork butt is still in the smoker, internal temp is 164F, smoker temp is 234F.

Nice smoke ring on the ribs. 3-1-1 method give the best texture for me.

The butt cooked to an internal temp of 205F. Let it rest for an hour and pulled. The internal temp was 195 when i pulled it. Overall it was a successful smoke. Very satisfied and it tasted good
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Looks great smokemaster, nicely done!!! or should I say wunderbar!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
I see your location says Germany, where abouts if you don't mind me asking, I spent alot of time around the Kaiserslautern area back in the late 90's.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky