Spam/redirects when trying to login on iOS device?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bgaviator

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 9, 2010
Anyone else having issues when trying to access this site using an iPhone to where as soon as you try to login, the page redirects to some spam page?

IMG_6365.png

I mostly use one of my PCs for the forum, but have no issues with my Galaxy S23 when I do use it for the forum.

We will look into this.
It's really weird because iPhones aren't known to really get viruses. But something in Safari on iOS is allowing this to happen. It seems to be one of the ads or scripts on this web site that allows the page to be redirected to these spam pages.

I have reported this issue and now they are needing a little information to better track this down:

What version of iPhone are you using? This can be found in Settings > General > About > Model Name (11, 12, 13, etc.)

And what software version you are running would also be very helpful. This can be found in Settings > General > About > IOS Version

Thanks in advance for helping us out with this!

Reactions: jcam222
Yep. I am not going to try again from my phone until I see it’s fixed. It's absolutely unusable on an iphone 14 ios 16.5 on chrome. Still redirects on safari to the same site as above but you can get out of it easier.

Reactions: TulsaJeff
Remove all ads?!?! Wishful thinking I suppose.
That would be nice for sure! :emoji_sunglasses:

Back in the day when we were very small, we didn't need to run ads and the site was cheap and easy to run. Now that it's one of the largest smoking meat communities online, it's expensive to operate and has a lot of moving parts that keep it all running.

Ads pay for all of this so I don't have to pay for it myself out of pocket. This also means I don't have to ask you guys to help me pay for it. That would suck.

I have a membership option in place for anyone who doesn't want to deal with the ads. It still supports the site and you get to browse ad free.

The membership options can be seen at this link.

Back in the day when we were very small, we didn't need to run ads and the site was cheap and easy to run. Now that it's one of the largest smoking meat communities online, it's expensive to operate and has a lot of moving parts that keep it all running.

Ads pay for all of this so I don't have to pay for it myself out of pocket. This also means I don't have to ask you guys to help me pay for it. That would suck.

I have a membership option in place for anyone who doesn't want to deal with the ads. It still supports the site and you get to browse ad free.

I have no problems with the ads. But this is like a spam pop up that happens and locks you onto the page in the first post. Can't press back or get out of it, somewhat like the old virus days on windows computers.

Reactions: TulsaJeff
Sounds like they have found the malicious code from a sneaky advertiser and they are now working on some custom code to take care of it. It will take at least 24 hours to get it implemented.

Once again, I appreciate you guys pointing these things out. It really helps us to keep the forum "up to snuff" as my grandmother used to say.:emoji_wink:

Appreciate the link, I've spent $50 on a lot worse things!

No cellphone so non-issue here.

Chris

Let us know if you are still seeing this issue. We are trying to ascertain if this vulnerability has been eradicated.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky