Soy Glazed Beef Plate Ribs!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
So happened to be in Costco with the wife and I spotted these baby’s and they had to come home with me. Especially, since they are about $3/lb cheaper than they have been.
A0FFDDC0-C17F-4BBA-9CCB-2068B145533A.jpeg

did a light score and seasoned with kindred blend and some onion powder!
958F3E79-F5C2-47DB-8C9A-2F2EBF8DF4D0.jpeg

on they went at 275.....they will get wrapped at 160 to 165 to probe tender then they will be finished by slicing and glazing back in the smoker......
C168733F-6EF5-443D-8839-A151EAD90346.jpeg

should be a nice Sunday dinner!

Oh maaaannnn! I bet those are fantastic! I'd take an order of those any day. Maybe a spear of grilled pineapple and some jasmine fried rice and a dumpling or 10. Ok, now I'm hungry again

Oh maaaannnn! I bet those are fantastic! I'd take an order of those any day. Maybe a spear of grilled pineapple and some jasmine fried rice and a dumpling or 10. Ok, now I'm hungry again
Oh yes some grilled pineapple and jasmine rice would be a perfect match for sure. Going to have to add that to the menu for a future cook for sure!

This is my boys recipe for the glaze, it was his idea and flavor magic for the glaze...

4 Tsp sesame oil
4 Garlic cloves minced
4 Tsp ginger minced
1/2 cup soy sauce
6 Tbsp honey
6 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp oyster sauce
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
pinch of sesame seeds
pinch of red pepper - flakes
dollop of Asian chili garlic sauce

edit he also adds some sesame seeds as well. He said he cooks the garlic, ginger, pepper flakes, and seeds in the oil to pan roast them a bit then deglazes with the soy and adds the other and then simmers.......

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky