Southern Calif Smokers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Welcome to the group SparkyPyro.  What kind of smokers do you have / use?  What's your favorite thing to smoke?

I have the 2 door Master Forge propane smoker and just in the last month and a half picked up the Master Forge charcoal grill. Smoked my first and only brisket for XMas eve dinner last year. 16 pounder for 24 hours. Came out insanely good. Definitely want to do more briskets in the smoker but with 2 kids under 2 1/2 finding the time is difficult. Most often I smoke chicken thighs and drumsticks in the smoker, usually around 70 pieces at a time for parties using a combo of apple and hickory. Chicken pieces get brined then covered in mustard then covered with equal parts kosher salt, fresh coarse ground pepper and garlic powder. Have done this way 5 or 6 times. If I'm lucky there are leftovers and we pull the chicken then heat it up slowly in a covered pan then make tacos, but again, only if there are leftovers which has only happened twice. On the grill I do tri-tips or flank steaks weekly. The flanks get marinated in balsamic vinaigrette or red wine vinaigrette/italian dressing for 7-10 days then get seared for 1-2 minutes then moved over to the other side for indirect until finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come and join our new group if you live in Southern California. We want to start posting information about events, share information with each other and try to get a gathering together for this year.

The group is open to anyone in Southern California and those who wish they were.
Newbie here in Palm Desert, hindered by a walker but am determined to smoke in the coming months.

We’re in the Valley of Fire RV camping and smoked a few back sides when another group invited us to a campground pot luck. Nice off road roaming here too.
1EDDC0C1-C41C-4B63-99E4-DA352BBD48E5.jpeg
4F1643A6-37AA-4523-B56A-7D3AFB7D720B.jpeg
EFEB5C36-5603-4F6B-8423-3EA933599070.jpeg

Is this group active anymore? I’m kind of new here but would like to follow for info on events in So Cal. I’m in Long Beach.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky