southeast asia novice smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hey guys!! wanted to update you all on my progress on smoking!!

im having problems getting a good source of meat. instead i improvised with my spare ribs. I included the belly part of the ribs instead of removing it.

I wanted to know if belly would achieve pink smoke ring??

my finished ribs is at 175* F internal. just like what in these forum says. 

just wanted to confirm if it is true or not??

your reply would be greatly appreciated.
So uh, when do we eat? 
drool.gif

Looks great! 
icon14.gif

looks great   ,  they belly works just the sameonly problem without bone is no handle to pick it up .

you can use the bend test for the ribs.

im using fruitwood like (santol or cottonfruit / tamarind) and hardwood like mahogany. these are the only available wood that i could use for smoking. i live in a tropical country btw. we have alot of fruits. 

I can't help you with your smoker. All I can do is tell you how impressed I am with your innovation and drive. I look forward to following your journey!

thank you for your motivation. i have tried different methods each time i smoke. thats why if you look at the  pictures you can notice a lot of differences. 

this is what i like about smoking. there is no right or wrong. i can innovate each time i smoke. my only setback is that im the only one bbq smoke and i dont have anyone to compare to. i solely rely on this forum and from the replies of its member. 

Last edited:
How did the Santol wood work out? I live in Thailand and have loads of it. Imported wood chips are crazy expensive here. Thanks.

im using fruitwood like (santol or cottonfruit / tamarind) and hardwood like mahogany. these are the only available wood that i could use for smoking. i live in a tropical country btw. we have alot of fruits.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky