Sous vide

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Walter Bender

Original poster
Feb 19, 2019
I buy pork chops and steaks at Costco. The Mrs and I generally share a single larger cut of these types of meat. Previously I had broken the packages down and used a Foodsaver to vacuum pack each individual cut of meat and toss them in the freezer. I would like to be able to season the meat before vacuum packing with the Foodsaver to then drop it directly into the sous vide container for cooking. Anyone have thoughts about seasoning before the vacuum and freezing steps? Would save time and be more efficient with packaging.

Thank you.

I do it all the time. I buy larger packages of chicken and pork, season them and put into smaller portions in food saver bags.

You could also go directly from the freezer to the Sous Vide.

Yep! Do it all the time. Season and do what I normally would do to it. Seal it up and throw it in the freezer. Pull it out and go straight to SV. No I’ll effects that I can see.

Weedeater

Like every other respondent, the simple response to your question is yes, you can cook your item straight from the freezer sous vide without concern. I've been doing it frequently for around 15 years without any issues.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky