Sous Vide Lobster Tails

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

emuleman

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 8, 2016
southern California
After my son tried some Crab last week he has been begging me to make some Lobster Tails, as he wanted to try all kinds of Shellfish after realizing he likes Shrimp and Crab. I had never made Lobster Tails before, but I knew I could do it with my Sous Vide machine. Off to the store I went to get three Lobster Tails.
dsc00559-jpg.366001

dsc00563-jpg.366002

After cutting the top part of the Tail I gently removed the meat and carefully place on top of the Shell. Seasoned with Salt, Pepper, Lemon and Butter, and into a bag. I cooked them for 1 hour at 140 degrees.
dsc00565-jpg.366004

dsc00566-jpg.366005

When the time was up I removed them, and garnished them with some parsley.
dsc00569-jpg.366006

The moment of truth had arrived. Would my 10 year old son like Lobster Tails? Watch my video below to find out.

Attachments

• DSC00559.JPG
    DSC00559.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 544
  • DSC00563.JPG
    DSC00563.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 513
  • DSC00565.JPG
    DSC00565.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 508
  • DSC00566.JPG
    DSC00566.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 506
  • DSC00569.JPG
    DSC00569.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 508
My work blocks the videos on here, but I have to imagine that he was impressed. I used to manage a seafood restaurant and I can tell you those lobster tails look fabulous!

Reactions: emuleman
Wow dude!
That was a great video!
I haven't tried tails in the SV, but the next time I can get my hands on a couple, I'll definitely give this a try!
Nice job!
Al

Great job Eric. I really enjoy grilled and smoked but the sous vide is intriguing. I'll have to put it on my to do list !!

Also enjoy your You Tube videos, great job with those !!

Ordered my " Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker " today . Looking forward to trying it out. I have used vacuum bags for years especially out hunting .Turkey dinner with all the fixens .Lasagna, pot roasts ,pasta +++ boil some water in a pot, throw in your and dinner/ breakfast is done and no mess clean. But the boiling water is 212° and you can over heat some dishes. With Sous Vide I can bring soup and other thing to 185° and not have to keep as close as eye on it .I should say Best Buy had them for $69.00 free shipping today 10-03-18

Last edited:
Great video -

My son works for Tyson and got 2 full tenderloins for a sweet price. We will be cutting one into filet's for Christmas dinner - and of course we need lobster tails for surf and turf. Searched for "lobster" and this thread came up. Glad you posted.

Delayed like!

Great video -

My son works for Tyson and got 2 full tenderloins for a sweet price. We will be cutting one into filet's for Christmas dinner - and of course we need lobster tails for surf and turf. Searched for "lobster" and this thread came up. Glad you posted.

Delayed like!

Glad you found this thread. The lobster tails were delicious, so I highly recommend you sous vide them. Good Luck!

Don't know how I missed this one Erik, but that's exactly how I do Scallops, along with a little sear to finish.
Nice Job, Buddy!!
I gotta try some tails, if I can ever find them at a fair price!!
Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky