Sous vide eye of round steaks?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It’s hard to over-sv an eye. Do at least 8 hours at 129.5, but 18 is fine as well.

Edit: And other than making bresaola, this is the best possible use for an eye round. Season, sear and sv.

Reactions: crippledcracker
I'm a complete newb when it comes to SV, but having recently purchased one I to try read everything about it. I do have a question. If the eye round is already cut up into steaks, is 8 hours plus in SV necessary? I'm honestly very curious.

I'm a complete newb when it comes to SV, but having recently purchased one I to try read everything about it. I do have a question. If the eye round is already cut up into steaks, is 8 hours plus in SV necessary? I'm honestly very curious.
Temperature in SV sets the doneness level (no matter how long you go, level of doneness will be the same) and time tenderizes. With a tougher cut like EOR, it takes more time to get it tender. You can also end up with a rare pile of mush if you go too long.

i have tried rounds steaks a lot of times and none have been worth a crap, This time I just had them grind them with the burger. eye of round roast is still good thin cut but round steaks I have not found a way to make then good.

SV is magic for tough cuts. Glad it came out good!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky