Sous Vide corned chuck roast temp

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I getting ready to start that chuck roast I cured for corned beef. Planing 48 hour but not sure of temp. Thinking 160?

Done curing. Going to give it a good rinse. Really nice roast. I am so thankful for our Albertsons. There have such great meat. If they ever take it away I am moving!

20210311_141558.jpg

Last edited:
That is a great looking piece of meat Brian! Look forward to seeing the end result! Cant help too much with the SV times/temps as I am a newbie in that department.

Page two of this thread I did has. My final report. This is still how I do corned beef.

Page two of this thread I did has. My final report. This is still how I do corned beef.

I save that for next time. Kinda of committed to a 2 day cook right now. I have it started now. Not sure if should leave at 160 or not but I guess time will tell?

Reactions: chopsaw
I think your time and temp is good if you're going for shredded .
Be watching .

Yeah . I do my chucks at 165 for 32 ish hours . I know guys like that long 50 hour soak . I didn't care for the texture .

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
I've done it both ways but definitely prefer the way DS does his. I go 183 for 10 hrs. Every time I've tried corned beef at lower temp for a long cook it's come out too dry.

Now that I think maybe better lower temp and than slice?
I just did a brisket flat for pastrami . Use Al's method smoked to 150 , then SV'd at 154 for 24 hours . Great texture and sliced nice .

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Yeah I did the 48 at 132 . It was to soft for me . Could have been the cut .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky