Sourdough Rye

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bregent

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 1, 2014
Sourdough rye loaf for this weeks sandwiches.

sourdough.jpg

Looks Great My address is ...................
Wish I had a loaf

Gary

Big fan of sourdough and make it nearly weekly myself. I have to say that I'm envious of your open crumb, something that consistently eludes me. Your loaf looks amazing.

Reactions: chopsaw
Man, that looks crazy good. Slowly building sour dough tricks like use bread machine to process but oven with stone/steel to bake. Someday...

Big fan of sourdough and make it nearly weekly myself. I have to say that I'm envious of your open crumb, something that consistently eludes me. Your loaf looks amazing.

Thanks, it's really not difficult. I follow the workflow in "Tartine Bread" for Country Sourdough. The author Chad (founder of Tartine) has a great video that demonstrates the technique:

Your loaf looks gorgeous, Like! I watched the video and I'd imagine making those loaves is a lot easier when you are a master baker like the star of the show. The experience that guy has really comes thru when I watched the vid, not a wasted movement. You must be pretty darned good yourself to pull all that off. I have all I can do to get some decent rolls from the Kitchen aid mixer. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky