Sourdough For friend (lotsa pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Made a boule for a friend in the park.
Baked in my gas grill.

New recipe for me.

Started lastnight with my stand mixer. Overnight proof.
lnb.JPG

On board this morning and a very light fold and form.
lnb1.JPG

Full of gas
lnb2.JPG

Into the floured banneton and a proof for 4 hours.
lnb3.JPG

Ready to bake.
lnb4.JPG

Score the top.
lnb5.JPG

Baking at 375* for 70 mins. I put in cold.
lnb6.JPG

Turn the pan at the 30 min mark and put the lid back on for 15 mins
lnb7.JPG

Lid off for the rest of the time. IT of bread here is 208*
lnb7.JPG

Got a good IT of 211

Out of the pan and cooling.
lnb9.JPG

Looks great to me!

The only problem with making bread for others is that you don't get to taste it first! HAHA

Reactions: JLeonard
Great looking Sourdough Bread SWFLsmkr1. I need to get back into baking with sourdough. What did you use for your starter?

Great looking Sourdough Bread SWFLsmkr1. I need to get back into baking with sourdough. What did you use for your starter?
Using my SD starter i made 4 months ago. I discard and have a 4qt jar of it in fridge. I keep 100g in my jar and feed it once a day. Just KA AP flour and water.
IMG_5373.JPG

Using my SD starter i made 4 months ago. I discard and have a 4qt jar of it in fridge. I keep 100g in my jar and feed it once a day. Just KA AP flour and water.
Basically what I use, all-purpose flour and water. A couple of years ago, Ma Dutch gifted me a sourdough recipe book that uses the discard sourdough. She bought it in hopes that I would do more baking. I'll see if I can find it and I'll share the title and author with you.

Nice looking bread. I love making and eating sourdough!!

I discard and have a 4qt jar of it in fridge. I keep 100g in my jar and feed it once a day. Just KA AP flour and water.
So do I understand correctly that you keep your starter in the fridge AND feed it daily?

Nice looking bread. I love making and eating sourdough!!

So do I understand correctly that you keep your starter in the fridge AND feed it daily?
The discard i keep in the fridge and feed it weekly. The fridge puts the brakes on the starter. When you want to use some just take about a cup out, put in another container and feed it, wait atleast 4 hrs or until its bubbly and active before you start mixing.

If you feed daily you will have starter coming out your ears.

The discard i keep in the fridge and feed it weekly. The fridge puts the brakes on the starter. When you want to use some just take about a cup out, put in another container and feed it, wait atleast 4 hrs or until its bubbly and active before you start mixing.

If you feed daily you will have starter coming out your ears.
Thank you for clearing that up!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky