Sort of new here :)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

robin

Original poster
Sep 23, 2010
Panama City, FL.
joined a couple of years ago and can't remember or find who I was lol.

42yr old female, living in the Florida panhandle. Got some excellent advice here before about what kind of smoker to buy my husband and ya'll were great. He is very happy with it. got the digital remote thermometer based on the advice here and a great cookbook called Smoke and Spice.

Now I think I wanna try smoking and do it the easiest way possible. So I am looking around here quite a bit and trying to figure out what I'm going to do.

Electric might be the way for me to go til I get the hang of it. We'll see.

Thanks in advance!

Blessings,

Robin

icon_cool.gif

First off welcome back Robin. It's nice to have some of the old members here again. Now if you are looking for something to smoke or something to smoke it on. If your looking for something to smoke on I would suggest a propane unit. You aren't very far from Bass Pro Shop so I would gett a GOSM big block and thats just about the simplest you can get. If you have a Gander Mtn you culd get the Smoke Vault 24" my favorite and it too is very easy to smoke on. What ever you get you'll like it and atleast your other half won't make fun of you when it comes to Q-view like most of ours did in the beginning.

Last edited:
Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
icon_cool.gif

Welcome back. Glad you found your way back

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky