Sonny's Sweet Bread Starter still lives in Ontario Canada

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KBFlyer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 7, 2018
Ontario Canada
I just renewed my sweet bread starter last night. I keep it in the oven over night and in the morning I take back my one cup to store. This morning I opened the oven door and the darn stuff was super activated. Blew the top off the mixing bowl. The black line is were it starts out. It was way over the top and dripping inside the oven. :emoji_laughing:
Was going to take before and after pictures but I forgot the after picture when I saw the mess.
ImNDq5y.jpg

Decided to try adding some herbs and cheese to some. Never did that before.
"Basil - The leaves (fresh or dried) mix well with other herbs, with garlic and with cheese, making this one of the most versatile herbs to use in bread-making."
We will see if I like it. :)
Added a water pan to give off steam, think I will pass on that next time as it brought the crust up to fast and seemed to slightly burn it.

NT2Nwyg.jpg

CiEin3H.jpg

Looks real good on my screen.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: KBFlyer
Sub bun turned out pretty darn good with the added herbs & cheese. Next time I will make it a tad skinnier as it was hard to wrap my mouth around it.
Subway eat your heart out :emoji_grinning:

Attachments

• 20230507_112706.jpg
    20230507_112706.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 2
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky