Sometimes its the simple things

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

phathead69

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2016
TN
Wife and I have had rough week, temps fixing to drop like a rock. East TN really didn't get any fall this year and seems like me her was busy most of it. One of favorite fall activities is fire pit watching with a beverage and just talking. So we both got in late , no supper yet and we needed little calmness. So I built up a fire she nuked some store bought tomatoe bisque and grilled cheese sandwichs. Nothing grilled or smoked but by gosh one of the better meals I have had in a while. Fire even if not cooking something, food, drink and great company is simple but great. 20191106_182410.jpg

You are so right many times it's the simple things that are most important. Hopefully it's just a short cold spell to tell you it's coming but will warm back up enough you can enjoy that fire pit a bit longer

Something about grilled cheese and tomato soup is very comforting. Pair that with a fire and maybe a warm beverage and I'd be settled in for the night.

yeah sometimes with our busy lives we forget to just kick back and relax, looks like you had a nice evening.

Looks like a great evening. We do this in the back yard with the kids routinely and let them roast marshmallows. You ready for the rain today?... and then its gonna get real cold even saw maybe some snow next week

You are 100% correct on that. As I grow older, it seems I prefer simple time way more often. I have enough to focus on with work and such most days. I'd rather just sit and watch a fire and chat with the better half to unwind. Looks like you had a real nice evening....

Years ago I heard this definition of labor, KISS, keep it simple, stupid. It's the little things in life that makes it so worth living. Love the fire pit, all I have is a brush-pile.

Tomato bisque and grilled cheese is a staple dinner meal around here. We usually just refer to it as "school lunch dinner."

Looks amazing, I'm glad you guys were able to spend quality time together.

Don't let winter stop your bonfire adventures though, some of our best times with friends have been around a fire in a deep freeze. It's sort of our tradition now to have a fire during Christmas, and other random winter weekends.

P.S. The drunker we get, the bigger the fire gets. LOL

Grilled cheese and tomato soup, goes together like peanut butter and jelly. Yum...
3° this AM in ND .

Looks like a great evening. We do this in the back yard with the kids routinely and let them roast marshmallows. You ready for the rain today?... and then its gonna get real cold even saw maybe some snow next week

I love the cold and snow when I get to ease into it. Wham bam cold and snow not so much. I dread the rain. Half million sq feet under roof at work and I'm the one that gets the calls.
Looks amazing, I'm glad you guys were able to spend quality time together.

Don't let winter stop your bonfire adventures though, some of our best times with friends have been around a fire in a deep freeze. It's sort of our tradition now to have a fire during Christmas, and other random winter weekends.

P.S. The drunker we get, the bigger the fire gets. LOL

Anti freeze can nullify a lot things.

You are 100% correct on that. As I grow older, it seems I prefer simple time way more often. I have enough to focus on with work and such most days. I'd rather just sit and watch a fire and chat with the better half to unwind. Looks like you had a real nice evening....
Yep some things take age to appreciate.
Years ago I heard this definition of labor, KISS, keep it simple, stupid. It's the little things in life that makes it so worth living. Love the fire pit, all I have is a brush-pile.
Thanks for compliment on the pit. Yes some is good
Grilled cheese and tomato soup, goes together like peanut butter and jelly. Yum...
3° this AM in ND .
You got that right

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky