Sodium erythorbate with ECA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nnolannn

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 22, 2020
south texas
Owens Chipotle Wildfire snack stick seasoning. It has sodium erythorbate in it. Can Encapsulated Citric Acid be added for the tang taste or would there be a problem having both in the sticks. I have never used SE in sticks before

Sodium erythorbate is a cure accelerator and I wouldn't think it would have any effect on the ECA

Thank you. I believe your right. I thought I’d mention it here in case it was a bad idea for some reason I didn’t know about.

It has sodium erythorbate in it.
That's one reason I like the Owens mixes , because it's already in there . I also have it in bulk and add it in when using high temp cheese in sausage . Helps to set the color .
I'm assuming you're going to stuff and smoke right away ?

I’ve been adding cure to the ground up meat and let it sit in the fridge overnight. In the morning the stuff at and smoke

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky