Sockeye salmon filet.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Western Colorado
Doing a 1.3# sockeye filet on the Yoder pellet. This is one of the rare instances I do use TQ. Mostly as a dry brine for a couple hours. Then rinse and juiced with lemon or lime and dusted with garlic powder and fresh cracked pepper and low slowed on the pellet grill. Here she is after pin bones are pulled.

IMG_1487.jpeg

Reactions: DougE and JLeonard
Looks delicious! Yeah, it is ready when you see that fat starting to come to the surface. Let it go much past that, and you have dried out fish.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
The plate with pasta and my butter cream and white wine sauce with Parmesan and Romano cheese. Is delicious.

A5C2EA22-BD1E-47CA-8BDB-CB694387D30C.jpeg

Reactions: DougE
That looks good. More info on the TQ? How much?
I just apply the TQ like a rub. Mostly for salt but I do like the cure in there because there is more botulism showing up in fish these days. So I give the fish a nice seasoning of TQ as a dry brine, let that run until it dissolves, about 2-3 hours then rinse off, then pat dry and I juice with lemon then dust light with granulated garlic and then dust with fresh cracked black pepper. We like this a lot.

Reactions: pc farmer
Is that a Jap on the plate? How did it go with fish? Fish looks good by the way
Yes sir, the variety is called TAM jalapeño, they are pretty mild and big peppers. I eat some form of Chile most every day, it’s how I get my daily vitamin C😊

Reactions: flatbroke
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky