SnS Dino Bones

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
Fished a three pack of beef ribs from the freezer that I cut out from a whole prime roast last Xmas and let them thaw slow in the fridge all week. Set up the Slow-n-Sear in the Weber with briquettes and applewood chunks, coated the rack with SPOG, and got things going about 10:15 yesterday morning.
DSCN1856.JPG

Got the Weber temp settled in at 240º-245º with the vents open just the tiniest crack, it was going to be a hot day. I went to set up my Camp Chef Ranger 2 propane stove on the patio that afternoon only to find the replacement control knobs they'd sent me didn't fit. Plan B, set up the Coleman camp stove, way too hot to cook inside, fettuccini alfredo's on the menu.
DSCN1860.JPG

It was a lazy warm day, a few beers, pool, and the patio.
DSCN1854.JPG

Never lifted the lid on the Weber till my TP-20 reported in with a IT of 202º, @ 4:30 pulled the rack
DSCN1858.JPG

Ribs had a nice bark and were juicy as could be. Plated up with some fettuccini alfredo topped with parm and a Caesar salad
DSCN1859.JPG

Once again the Weber shows it's the most versatile, valuable weapon in the arsenal. Thanks for lookin' in! RAY

Nice work Ray . Love the beef ribs , and those look fantastic . The kettles get you hooked for sure .
All round great meal .
Revere ware pot ? I have a set I got in my early 20's . Still use them everyday .

Reactions: sawhorseray
Yeah Rich, part of the set my mama cooked on her entire life, I've got the rest of the set in my Lance cabover camper. Thanks for the Like Rich, I appreciate it. RAY

Those ribs turned out great Ray! We are supposed to hit 90 today for the first time. Looks like your dog enjoys his pool time

Ryan

Good Looking Beef Ribs, Ray!!! My Favorite!!
Nice Job!
Like.
BTW: If Bob keeps doing that, your grass will grow longer where he shakes, and your pool will get empty!!!

Bear

Those ribs turned out great Ray! We are supposed to hit 90 today for the first time. Looks like your dog enjoys his pool time Ryan

Seems like we didn't spend much time in the 90's this spring Ryan, feels like we went from 78º to 110º in a couple of days. Thanks for the Like, Ryan, much appreciated. RAY

Ray those ribs look awesome man! You have been wearing that kettle out lately your stick burner is going to get jealous! Big like man I would eat that plate anyday! Cool video of Bob btw!

Yeah John, the SnS and Vortex have pretty made my SQ36 the odd man out for sure. A big old black stick burner isn't all that easy or fun to use on a 110º day, and we get a lot of days like that. The gauge on the CC will read 150º with nothing going on in the firebox, it's work to keep things in the 275º range during summer. RAY

Yeah , forgot to say , nice of Bob to let you guys use his pool .

Playing with Bob brings us just a ton of joy Rich, all he ever wants to do is fetch and swim. We're in the pool a half dozen times a day, Bob's jumping in and out about a hundred times a day. Even on the rare mornings where I don't take him over to the park for his Buns of Steel workout getting in and out of the pool is great exercise for him, get's that tongue hangin' out pretty good. RAY

Good Looking Beef Ribs, Ray!!! My Favorite!! Nice Job! Like. BTW: If Bob keeps doing that, your grass will grow longer where he shakes, and your pool will get empty!!! Bear

Thanks for the Like John, I do appreciate it! That grass ain't ever going to grow even a little bit John. One of the first things we did when we moved here last summer was have the front and back lawns ripped out and replaced with artificial turf. No mowing, no weeds, no watering, always looks great. I love it! RAY

Thanks for the Like John, I do appreciate it! That grass ain't ever going to grow even a little bit John. One of the first things we did when we moved here last summer was have the front and back lawns ripped out and replaced with artificial turf. No mowing, no weeds, no watering, always looks great. I love it! RAY

LOL----Can't tell from the Pics, but I would guess that's what you would want.
Nice!

Bear

I'll bet there were no leftovers. Looks really good.

Oh there was a little something left for me to finish up tonight Kruizer, wife doesn't eat beef cuts, only burgers, weirdo for sure. Thanks for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

That looks fantastic!

Thanks you! The wife is on a Caesar salad kick and taking me along for the ride, nice change from 1000 island dressing for me. Thanks for the Like, much appreciated. RAY

Damn Ray...meal looks great but those ribs are to die for!! Beautiful cook. You're definitely making me give serious consideration to a Weber with all those goodies you have. you've been turning out some excellent looking food of pate, that's fir sure. Keep it up my friend and I'll probably become a member of the Weber family soon :emoji_wink:

LIKE!!
Robert

Damn Ray...meal looks great but those ribs are to die for!! Beautiful cook. You're definitely making me give serious consideration to a Weber with all those goodies you have. you've been turning out some excellent looking food of pate, that's fir sure. Keep it up my friend and I'll probably become a member of the Weber family soon :emoji_wink: LIKE!! Robert

Well thank you Robert! I'm having a little fun learning some new tricks with an old toy. It's not as attention demanding as my stick burner, tho it still lets me be part of the cook, which I like. Thanks for the Like also Robert, I do appreciate it. RAY

Great looking meal & the ribs look awesome!! Very nicely done!! Al

Thank you Al! Anything we can do to keep from heating up the kitchen in this kind of weather is a real bonus. There might be more outdoor cooking goodies on the horizon but for the present I'm set up well enough to get done what I need to. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky