Snack sticks Req Tec

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

girthbrooks

Original poster
Oct 16, 2014
I am currently looking at an Rt700 and I’m curious if anyone has had luck making snack sticks in theirs? I have made snack sticks in a fridge I converted to a smoker that has an electric element and PID but I’d love to consolidate so I can save some room. I know snack sticks need to start out low and the Req Tec only goes to 180. Just curious on real world results. Thanks I’m advance.

Trust BGKYSmoker BGKYSmoker .

I have an RT700 and 180 is as low as it goes (its 3 years old). you may want to call Rec Teq and talk to them. I thought I read that there was new controller that allowed the user to reduce the lowest temp below 180 somehow...could be wrong there but I swear I read that.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky