Snack sticks on an Enterprise sausage press

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

poacherjoe

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 7, 2019
Central Ca
Thinking about my first go around with snack sticks but I wanted to hear from any members that do it on an Enterprise stuffer . Any pointers will be helpful. It's hard enough cranking the sausage out into the casings so the smaller diameter spout for snack sticks seems like an even bigger challenge. If I need to I will purchase another stuffer that can do the job with ease.
Thanks Joe

I think an old school stuffer like an Enterprise will be fine but still some work. I have a Hakka clone (all metal) and even with 10% water, it's still a workout. I'd be nervous if my stuffer had plastic gears... Just ran sticks this weekend and this time for giggles I tried my jerky gun since my snack tube fit it. EASY. I am starting to love this thing but might be pain for large batches.

Reactions: poacherjoe
I wish i still had my parents enterprise.
If you need parts check ut Allied Kenco sales in Houston, i think they still carry parts

I grew up on a small family farm, we raised pigs, beef, goats, chickens. When i got older my job was to help my mom grinding (hand grinder) My dad made me a plunger to push the meat and to stuff the middle casings.

When i was 14 i did all the stuffing.

I still have my plunger.
IMG_6533 copy.JPG

Reactions: poacherjoe
Thinking about my first go around with snack sticks but I wanted to hear from any members that do it on an Enterprise stuffer . Any pointers will be helpful. It's hard enough cranking the sausage out into the casings so the smaller diameter spout for snack sticks seems like an even bigger challenge. If I need to I will purchase another stuffer that can do the job with ease.
Thanks Joe
That's what I use. Its plenty strong even for the small snack stick tube. I recently made an adapter so I can use a ratchet on it and it is so much easier on my arm. No more cranking.

Attachments

• 20201115_144859.jpg
    20201115_144859.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 20201115_144936.jpg
    20201115_144936.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 16
That's what I use. Its plenty strong even for the small snack stick tube. I recently made an adapter so I can use a ratchet on it and it is so much easier on my arm. No more cranking.
That's using your head ! I was thinking of making a longer handle to make it easier to crank but I was worried about the teeth on the gears breaking from to much torque .

Hmmmm

I bet something could be rigged to my LEM 5lb for my drill. My 20 lb motorized is just too big for small batches.

Reactions: Winterrider
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky