Smothered Italian Sausage & Pasta With Spicy Sauce (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man that’s just drool worthy Robert!!

Thanks Jeff but does not come anywhere close to the stuff you turn out. Don't think I'll ever be at your level.

looks great Robert

Thank you Jim. Was pretty tasty.

A fancy but not complicated meal!

That's a fact and one of the things I love about Italian themed meals. As much as I like to simmer sauce for hours, you can make some really good stuff quickly if you're under time constraints.

That just looks delicious. Very nice!

Very much appreciate the kind words Eddie.

Robert

I would have to have a little nap after that I'm afraid. :emoji_wink:

I managed to make it a couple hours after eating before falling out for the night.

Yeah buddy!! I'll need a serving plater for my portion!

Yes, I can see that you might need a platter. Be kinda tough to stack pasta, sauce, and sausage a foot and a half high between two slices of bread :emoji_laughing:

Looks great Robert! And the fact that it's all homemade is even better. I need to make some Italian sausage next after making that andouille.

Thank you Joe. There are a ton of good Italian sausage recipes out there. took me a few tries to get the ones I use dialed in but we love them.

Good stuff there Robert!
We are doing a variation of that tonight.
Homemade garlic linguini, with pan seared scallops in butter & garlic.
I’m not eating lunch, just an early dinner. Gotta get busy & make the pasta.
But I have to say your meal looks fantastic!!

Thank you al!! I'd love to start making my own pasta but jeez....the last thing I need right now is another food project to delve into. Your meal sounds great. Hope it came out well.

Robert

What Sausage recipe you use?

Appreciate the kind words Jimmy. Here is my recipe for the sausage:

5 lbs ground pork
1 ½ tbsp salt
Ice water as needed for proper consistency
½ tbsp cracked fennel seed
2 tsp coarse black pepper
¾ tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp. caraway seeds
2 tsp coriander
2 ½ tsp crushed hot peppers
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
2 tsp oregano

This can be frozen in bulk or stuffed into casings. For this batch instead of water I used Cabernet Sauvinigon (sp??) instead of water at the recommendation of our good friend sawhorseray sawhorseray and that made a huge difference!! It's really good.

Robert

Thanks Robert, that recipe does sound great...JJ

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky