Smoking some Disney style Turkey Legs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sdesi1981

Original poster
Oct 7, 2019
Going with a modified pops brine. Added a few seasonings/spices.
Been brining for a little over 36hrs., gonna pull em, rinse em and let dry in the fridge for a couple hours.
My question, what temp do you smoke the legs at? Researching online and I’ve found a big range imo, of 225-350? Thoughts?

Where are you guys finding the turkey legs? There are some on line, but shipping for them is over $50

I do a lot of Turkey legs with pops low sodium recipe with a 3 day brine for family to enjoy. I try to achieve 1 hr at approximately 325 to keep the skin from being leathery then drop to about 250 until internal temp is reached. When I used the MES I remove the skin and hot smoke at 250 until complete. No one complains about the skin missing, most people don't even realize it's gone unless I tell them lol. Cant wait to see some pics

Where are you guys finding the turkey legs? There are some on line, but shipping for them is over $50
There is a local place here in Louisiana I can find the large legs. We prefer the smaller "normal" size that can be found at Walmart, HEB etc.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky