• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoking Salmon nuggets with duelling AMNPS's

cmayna

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 23, 2012
Needed to do some Salmon nuggets today and wanted to use a AMNPS in one of my Big Chief smokers. But then said to myself "why not try running two AMNPS smokers? I think they would smoke a little better if I drilled some holes along the bottom sides of the box. Yes the mailbox idea is another way to consider but this didn't cost me time or energy to at least give it a try.

Here's the wife trying to steal a piece of Salmon while I'm trying to do a money shot.

Last edited:

woodcutter

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 2, 2012
Salmon is beautiful! Did you have both of those AMNPSs lit at both ends?

bkleinsmid

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 11, 2010
That looks ssoooo good........ If you don't mind me asking, what did you soak them in?

Brad

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
Wow. I love smoked salmon and that looks great. Well done.

Disco

cmayna

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 23, 2012
Woodcutter -  I only lit one end of the outside row of each smoker.  Did not use the rows closest to the heating element.  So yes a total of two rows were lit.

A fair amount of smoke came out of the smoker, but as I said earlier, if I had drilled say 3-4 1/2" holes along the outside walls at the bottom(right next to the smoker), they would have probably breathed better.  Maybe produce too much smoke?

Bkleinsmid - Basic dry brine of  non iodized salt / Brown sugar  at a 1/4 ratio.  Fresh minced garlic added as well.  brined for 5 hours.

Last edited:

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
Looks great

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.