Smoking Pheasant

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ywalleye

Original poster
Feb 1, 2014
I have some whole pheasant that has been skinned. Need some simple ideas on how to go about smoking them, being it's my first time. Can you use a cold smoker?

I wouldn't use a cold smoker unless the meat has been cured. 

The problem you are going to have is keeping the bird from drying out. I am assuming wild pheasant has very little fat in it.    Since the skin is off that makes it even harder to keep it moist.   I don't know anything about pheasant but I would make a butter/garlic marinade, inject into the bird and smoke to the proper internal temp.  Smoke over a pan so yo can keep the bird basted.    Just guessing here but I hope this sends you in the right direction.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky