smoking or grilling peppers help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well, if ya just want to impart a nice smoky taste to them, set your smoker to about 180°-200°, and let em go for about 4 hours, that should be enough when they dark and smoky looking (donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t burn them!). Now if you are trying to dry them out and grind them up as a spice, you need to dehydrate them, so there is no moisture left in the tissue. If you have a dehydrator, cool, if not set your oven to 150° and scatter your peppers on a cookie sheet and let go 8-12 hours. store in a airtight container, to protect that delicate smoky flavor. 8)

I touth i saw whear you could stuff with cheese or shrimp and bacon and then smoke them i dont know i gust wont to try something new but every thing i try is new to me as far as smokeing goes

jrollins, this is probably what you are thinking of. We call them ABT's. If it is, this link should be plenty to help get you started.

Atomic Buffalo Turds

There is no right or wrong way to make these, so go crazy and be sure and share your creation with the rest of us.

jrollins, like Chad said, there is no right or wrong way in making ABT's. You know what you and the family like so start with that. No point in having the family serve as your guinea pigs (unless they willingly volunteer, of course :P). If you're one to steer clear of hot peppers, there are mild ones out there that are great stuffed with sausage and cheese.

It depend on what type of peppers you use. In New Mexico where long green chile is king, you roast and peel first then you use them in any type of dish you can think of. Other types of peppers or Chiles you can eat the skin.

If you are referring to sweet peppers ... then I would do a classic stuffed pepper recipe ( ground meat, cheese and rice) I have coated them lightly with evoo and smoked them in Mesquite for a half hour or so, then stuffing and placing them back in smoker until desired tenderness tells you to take them off. Very tasty!

Squeezy

J -

Every smoke should be like something new! That's what keeps it exciting. It would help to know what kind of peppers you had. Sounds like your talking about Stuffed Jalepinos - we call them ABT's Atomic Buffalo Turds.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky