smoking meats in a dutch oven

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Not sure what you're proposing. Using the DO to heat the smoke wood and food, or just keep the food in the DO with the lid removed to allow smoke into the DO?

If using the DO to heat the smoke wood, kiss your interior seasoning good-by, 'cuz the high temps required to cause the wood to smoke would destroy it...not to mention, EVERYTHING you put into the DO afterwords would be exposed to stale old creosote unless you cleaned it up and re-seasoned.

Just my thoughts...

Eric

Hmmm. Well as mentioned you can with the lid off. Another option if you want to add smoke to your Dutch oven cooked would be to use a smoke Pistol and shoot smoke into the oven then close the lid .

I don't see a good way to put wood in the oven and create smoke.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky