Smoking meat just a fad........

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hear hear.!!!!!
food-smiley-004.gif

Unfortunately there are people out there ... I have a ton in my family ... that think good food comes out of a drive up window. They must have cast iron tummies cause it doesn't sit well in mine.

I have always felt if I'm gonna spend good money on food I'm gonna enjoy it and If I can even read the words on a label why would I eat it?

icon_eek.gif

i have to agree with you here...
as for drive thru
PDT_Armataz_01_04.gif
i am guilty, guilty,guilty but in my defense, i am on the road for 8-9 months of the year and work 12-20 hours a day..not a long of time for "good" food.

with my missus being a manager at McD's doesnt help much either..lol

this year will be different according to the missus...i WONT be on the road as much..lol

Smoking probably will be a fad for some folks that jump in and think they know everything, won't accept any advice and then blame the bad food on the $1000.00 smoker that they are too ignorant to use
icon_razz.gif
. Go ahead Theresa and tell me to say what I really think
biggrin.gif

On the plus side of this argument, there should be some great deals on barely used smokers in a few years
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

sounds like a yuppie to me !! hmmmmmmmmmmm what does fad stand for ?? f....foulish
a....and
d....dumb.....what perhaps he is !!

f....found
a....another
d....doper .....perhaps what he is ??

everyone (here at least) knows smoking meat has been around hundreds of years...sounds like that yuppie needs to take his mouth out of gear and do a little research...
get back in your BMW and get going yuppie .....lol

Just had to vent a liitle !! lol :)

Teacup -

Sometimes you don't have a choice. When I'm on the road sometimes that's all I can find is fast food - but for some reason those burgers give me gas! McDs at least has pretty good salads and fruits. I just can't eat it regular like some folks do BY CHOICE.

I gotta say it is probably a "fad" that is set by NY, NY. These people don't have backyards to put a smoker, never been off pavement. "They" seam to "set" the trend, figuring that anyone w. of NY state is a "hick". As far as my area, Kansas, it is not a fad. Much more popular than a few years ago due to the internet and more knowledge. Sites like this one can turn a "newbie" to a "seasoned smoker" in just a few months, whereas 10 yrs ago it would take much longer.

I might also add that divorce is a fad, and harems are the new & greatest idea(as I tell my wife anyway). Along w/harems will be more smoke'n and stronger beer! My wife thinks sex is just a fad
PDT_Armataz_01_09.gif
!

BTW, this internet & email thing is just a fad also.

Enough BS from me, need to spread it where it will do some good.............like the lawn!

The guy is an idiot, needs a kick in the _______! ...........me or the guy who thinks smoke'n is a fad............that is the question!

It's enough of a "fad" here that everyone I feed my Que to wants to be invited back for more. Some are even giving serious thought to getting a smoker of their very own!!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

Most around here already have a smoker, may not use it much, but still have one. The biggest difference is knowledge. This site has helped me so much, along w/other sites, google, food tv, etc. Anybody can smoke, but only a few can bbq. My new motto.

Well, I have to admit I lived on the very north edge of Minneapolis for 11 years, in East Bethel, MN. Railroad moved us there. Really liked it there too, absolute BEST neighbors we ever had. And the fishing is unbeatable. Gets a tad cold there though.
I'm a hillbilly from the Ozarks.

With all the smokers showing up at places like WalMart and such there will be alot of people who will try it, burn something and say this S#$Ks and sell the smokers in a yard sale - I guess that's the fad the guy is talkig about.

Not folks like us that get shakey and crouchety after a few days without Qing.
PDT_Armataz_01_08.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky