Smoking in the Texas Panhandle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

little jim

Original poster
Dec 19, 2013
Hi everyone little Jim from Amarillo and I l would rather smoke than just about anything. I have a Traditional firebox smoker and I prefer Hickory and Peach wood.
I compete in a charity rib off every year for the past 7 years the best I've done is 3rd place ribs. At the last competition they had some pellet grills and I was curious well curiosity got the cat or in this case Jim. Just got me one a couple of weeks ago. And I love it I need practice on how to infuse more smoke in the meat. It's a process I know.

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Hey Jim, welcome to the group!  What kind of pellet pit did you get?  I bought a pellet burner earlier this year (Rec Tec) and haven't looked back.  Best smoking-related purchase I ever made.  BTW we've got a Pellet Smoker Owners Group...check it out if your interested:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/groups/show/33/pellet-smokers-group

You've found a great place for information related to smoking, grilling, curing, etc.  Settle in and enjoy the ride!

Red

Welcome from Canada, Jim.

It will be good to have another experienced smoker on the forum. I look forward to your posts!

Disco

Oh and by the way, you mentioned you were struggling to get more smoke...many pellet burners (me included) use an A-Maze-N Tube Smoker to get more smoke to the meat.  You can check them out at  http://www.amazenproducts.com/   (site sponsor and a member of these forums).

Red

I got a Green Mountain Grill I'm used to a traditional smoker but I'm really liking my pellet grill.
Jim

Been a while since we were in Amarillo , Big Texan steak house, Palo Duro Canyon and there was a Mexican Restaurant that was (maybe still is) there, that everyone recommended had super Margarita's and excellent food.

Gary 

How long ago Gary? When you say Marguritas I remember Crystal Connfectionary had a mui sta wano Marguritas ...

Probably 8 or 9 years ago  The place had a Mexican name and was pretty popular, busy anyway good food.

Gary

Welcome to the forum!

I had the unfortunate experience of graduating from Dalhart High School.  Loved playing football and running track there (well, not so much the track side) but it held me back from wrestling and baseball.  Wasn't born and raised there thus the "unfortunate" part.  Great upland bird hunting and rabbits were every where!  Might go back for my 40th reunion in 9 more years!  I did make it to the 20th and saw many friends I hadn't seen since I graduated.

My wife wasn't too fond of the Panhandle.  I'm sure you understand.

Sounds like Abuelos or maybe a Ruby Tequilas but then again I like Marguritas....

Absolutely I do. But if you like wind wind and not much rain we got all you want. Ha ha....

I think it was  Abuelos ? not sure been a long time ago  Sounds right. 

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky