Smoking fresh Mozzarella cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cmayna

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 23, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
I've smoke the regular low fat / non fat series but not fresh.  Anyone done it with good results?   

they say on soft cheese to eat it up cuz it will spoil. So donot save it.
usa.gif

It seems to me that fresh would be like cream cheese, I think....

Since it is mild, I would say a light smoke, maybe an hour with a mild wood.

Just my thoughts.

Mel

Have smoked fresh mozzarella once, kept it in smoker for 3 hours with many other kinds of cheese, and the fresh mozzarella was horrible it tasted like a dirty ashtray ended up throwing it right in trashcan. All other cheeses have come out excellent. I usually use apple dust and really like the final product. Good luck.

Hello Mel,

No I didn't let the fresh cheese sit for a few weeks before eating, I had read that the fresh can be eaten immediately after removing from smoker. I am guessing I smoked it for to long of a time period. Let me know how yours comes out if you give it a try.

I have smoked Mozz string cheese... I let it sit for weeks and it was good.... I think "fresh" cheese, like Mozz, is better with less smoke.... but that's my taste.....

Dave

I searched Fresh Mozz and came up with quite a few who smoke it and say it's good.  Even came up with some recipes to make it fresh then smoke.   
beercheer.gif

I'm going to have to smoke a bunch of string cheese next time.. I love smoked string cheese

Last edited:

I searched Fresh Mozz and came up with quite a few who smoke it and say it's good.  Even came up with some recipes to make it fresh then smoke.   
beercheer.gif

I'm going to have to smoke a bunch of string cheese next time.. I love smoked string cheese
Only way to eat string cheese is smoked. Most tasteless crap i ever put in my mouth. Did once, tasted and gave rest to young un. She loved it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky