Smoking for the weekend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ao312

Original poster
Aug 12, 2015
Just put a couple 8 lb butts on the WSM! Used a pretty basic dry rub and the minion method for the first time for the charcoal. Gonna put some ribs and sausage on in the morning before I pull the butts off. So I suppose I'll grab myself a beer, put it in my American flag coozie and have myself a night! Cheers guys!

Well it's been about 8 hours into my smoke, had to refill the charcoal. I'm not sure if that's good or bad with the minion method on an 18.5" WSM. However them butts smell great and it held right around 225-250 the whole time. They have an IT of about 160+-5.

Alright guys, here we are 13 hours later. Butts are at about 205 so I pulled them off getting ready to chop up! I've sampled a little of course and is so tender! Falls right apart. And now that the butts are off putting the ribs on!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky