• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoking country style ribs & loin back ribs ?'s

aaronb716

Joined Aug 28, 2013
Ok I plan on smoking some bone-in country style ribs and a slab of loin back ribs. What cooking times should I try fallowing for fall off the bone ribs . Thanks Aaron

forluvofsmoke

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 27, 2008
Fall-off the bone is easy...3-4 hours @ 225*, then foil for another 1.5-2 hours for the loin backs...if you want to firm-up or set bark, just reducer the foiled time by approx the time you want to return to open grates, but 30-45 minutes open grate will set the bark to medium texture...longer if you want really well-set bark. 2-2-1 is a typical baseline for loin backs/baby backs. 2hrs open-grate with smoke, 2hrs foiled, 1hr open-grate...this gives a semi-tender rib with a pretty decent bark.

CSRs will depend on thickness of the slices, but they won't take as long as loin backs. Figure on 2-1-0.5 for a very tender CSR with a modrate bark...omit the open grate final stage of cooking if you don't want bark, but lengthen the foiled time to allow for a nearly fall apart texture...same for the loin backs.

BTW, welcome to the SMF family!!! Enjoy the forums and all the great people who contribute.

Eric

Last edited:

aaronb716

Joined Aug 28, 2013
Hey , I just wanted to say that I fallowed ur steps and the ribs turned out amazing. The back ribs pulled apart nicely and vary flavorful. And the country ribs became so tender that I took a few of them and pulled them apart for a pulled pork sandwich for lunch. Yum . Thanks again vary much

forluvofsmoke

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 27, 2008
You're welcome!!! Glad it worked out well for you. If you need any additional tips for a different texure with your ribs, just shout.

Eric

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.