Smoking cheeses and salmon in louisiana grills

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ksmith9

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 8, 2020
Hey everyone,

I'm rocking the louisiana grills vertical pellet smoker for my cooks and been getting good results, but I kind of want to smoke some cheeses and salmon and have read the dangers of not having the right equipment. Anyone with experience on pit boss or LG I would love to read some personal experiences

A smoke tube for doing cheese, cant run the burner as its too hot, you can buy them at Walmart around here for $19.99, used mine to do some taters the other day for smoked tater salad, even worked well in my Austin Lx which is a horizontal style pit, folks think vertical is the only way but as long as it draws good any thing will work

Mike is right I would recommend an amazen smoker personally for cold smoking I like the tray then you can use either dust or pellets. If your not getting as much smoke flavor s you'd like during hot smokes then I'd get the tube that way you could use it while hot smoking for more smoke flavor

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky