1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

smoking baron of moose

Discussion in 'Wild Game' started by dan the mano, Nov 7, 2018.

1. dan the mano

dan the mano Smoke Blower

hey there everyone ... i just have a simple question for you all .. (i hope ) anyways i have a baron of moose roast ( this moose is wild meat ).. and i was wanting how to go and smoke this... rub , and if so.. just salt and pepper ?.... injection , and if so... what type (beef broth ?) temp .. 225-250... internal temp of 190-205
    i would like to go and thank you for your comments

2. smokerjim

smokerjim Smoking Fanatic

When I smoke deer I use salt pepper, garlic fennel seed, dill weed, I don't inject, I pull mine out at 165

dan the mano likes this.
  3. ab canuck

ab canuck Master of the Pit ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I have to ask, What is a baron of moose roast? I Have done a lot of wild game, Moose being our main meat, Depending on the cut and what you will do with it. Salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder is our go to. Smoke to med. rare to Med. Or to higher IT for a pulled meat?

dan the mano likes this.
  4. smokerjim

smokerjim Smoking Fanatic

I figured he was trying to say bunch, could be wrong

dan the mano likes this.
  5. dan the mano

dan the mano Smoke Blower

so i assume that you dont inject this at all ?

6. ab canuck

ab canuck Master of the Pit ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Nope, I have never tried to inject yet. We have been pretty lucky with our quality moose and tenderness.