Smoking a yard bird on a rainy day...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

seaham358

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 18, 2007
Hyde Park, NY
Not much else to do on a cold rainy day..

I want to try something different so I decided to inject the 8lb bird, having no injection in the house I had to make some.  I read a few recipes and decided to try an Italian dressing based injection.(its what I had in the house)  I had some dressing in the frig so I put about 14 oz in the silver bullet blender and added a bunch of spices and some Bud Golden Wheat, gave it a good blend and injected the bird. I put the bird back in the frig for a few hours, I covered it with EVOO and some rub and put in the smoker at 2pm with some baking potatoes that have EVOO and kosher salt and pepper on them.. I'm hoping it will be done by 6pm.  I'm using hickory and smoking 250-300.

62144546_P1000090.jpg

Smoker working hard

abc3e4a1_P1000093.jpg

Finished

2115f8bd_P1000094.jpg

Cut

b62c237d_P1000097.jpg

I will be using this injection again.. I need to write down what I used before I forget :)   I do need to move the injector around more to get less pockets.  The meat had a great smoke/Italian flavor. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky