• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Smoking a yard bird on a rainy day...

seaham358

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 18, 2007
Not much else to do on a cold rainy day..

I want to try something different so I decided to inject the 8lb bird, having no injection in the house I had to make some.  I read a few recipes and decided to try an Italian dressing based injection.(its what I had in the house)  I had some dressing in the frig so I put about 14 oz in the silver bullet blender and added a bunch of spices and some Bud Golden Wheat, gave it a good blend and injected the bird. I put the bird back in the frig for a few hours, I covered it with EVOO and some rub and put in the smoker at 2pm with some baking potatoes that have EVOO and kosher salt and pepper on them.. I'm hoping it will be done by 6pm.  I'm using hickory and smoking 250-300.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Sounds good so far. Looking forward to the finish.   

seaham358

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 18, 2007
Smoker working hard

Finished

Cut

I will be using this injection again.. I need to write down what I used before I forget :)   I do need to move the injector around more to get less pockets.  The meat had a great smoke/Italian flavor. 

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Whoa That's one great looking bird! Great finish!

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.