Smoking a couple chucks on a beautiful Sunday morning

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

NefariousTrashMan

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 28, 2022
Missouri
My son and I each have a Chuck roast smoking. I’m using my old country offset and my son is using his akorn jr. I love the fact that he is 12 and has a passion for smoking and grilling. We have competitions and it’s always a good time. I know I will miss these days I just have to remember these are the days that count and the time I spend with my family is worth something. It seems easy to forget that and lose focus on what is most important in the giant rat race called life. I hope all of you have an amazing Sunday.
670A4055-540C-4022-AD0F-E05AD5E3ABA1.jpeg
EEECBFE8-7029-4C04-85C6-D5ECE21D375C.jpeg

Last edited:
Sounds and looks like dinner will be a good one.
The BBQ skills will last his whole life.

Yep, take what you can get before he is busy with his own life and friends.
My younger son picked up enough that he can grill most meats, but doesn't have the smoker down.

We still hunt and fish together when I can get him out of bed in the wee hours.
But sometime starting at 14 yrs he decided he'd rather sleep in and then call me later in the morning,
him, "You get anything?"
me, "Yep sure have!"
him, "Aw man (grumbling)"
me, " Wake up or get left behind"

Enjoy the teens!
Our baby girl is celebrating her 14th today.

Reactions: negolien
The final product, my sons turned out like pot roast I think we wrapped it too early at 170 IT I wrapped mine at 180 IT. Also using the akorn is a learning process definitely different than an offset. Ended up with smoked Chuck roast and smoked smashed potatoes. I think I have the Chuck roast down I really want to try a brisket but have been worried about the price and messing it up. Thanks for looking
DC282C60-4D7D-425D-B70C-18D75038300A.jpeg
BD51BF46-964D-4382-9D5B-D3486BA3B40B.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky